So 6 years ago I had a terrible accident. I was working as a barn manager at an Arabian barn and we had some very high profile clients coming to look at some of our sale horses. So I was trying to get everything looking perfect. It had been a rainy couple days and we had a lot of trash that needed burned. But since it was wet it wouldn't burn. So I went to get some diesel and we didn't have any so I grabbed the gas(
ok I know stupid) and went back to the burn barrel. I emptied the couple tablespoons that were left in the
close able spout and I thought being safe I would go put gas can back in shed and then I took a piece of paper, you know trying to be safe and lit it and tossed it toward the burn barrel. In an instant I am sure you know what happened it exploded and caught me on fire. Not a flash burn, I was on fire, I could here myself burning it was my head and arm. I kept my eyes closed and started patting myself furiously and got the it out. Our stall cleaner came running and I thought she was going to pass out. I started praying immediately for the LORD to keep me calm, and safe. We called 911 just to see what I should do and they of course sent an ambulance. They wanted to life flight me and of course me not wanting a big bill said no and I didn't even want to go in the ambulance. I was worried about my job, the horses and such. I did give in and get in the ambulance. I knew it was bad. When I got to the hospital they wanted to put me on all kinds of pain
meds and such and I said NO I just kept praying. They were amazed and kept commenting that the prayers must be working because with burns that bad we usually have to sedate the person and such. I was scared and in a lot of pain without a doubt but I had a peace also that GOD would fix it all. I hadn't seen myself and when finally they allowed me to use the restroom I saw myself in the mirror for the first time....A MONSTER...AN UNRECOGNIZABLE MONSTER. You couldn't tell I was human, that I was boy or girl I was UGLY!! I broke down for the first time. I never thought I would be the same and I knew without GODS miracle I would be deformed forever. I prayed. When I was released I was walking out of the hospital and a woman let out a little scream when she saw me. You can imagine how I felt:( People would stare and gasp when they saw me. My surgeries were scheduled and my doctor was telling me all I would have to go through but I knew it wouldn't happen and GOD did a miracle. I got better in record time. Not to say it didn't take quite a while but it was miraculous and the doctor even had to admit it was a miracle:) We also found out due to deep cuts on my face that someone had put aerosol cans in the burn barrel and that is what shot out and hit me and caught me on fire. I never, never recommend abusing flammables. Even being safe is VERY VERY DANGEROUS!!! All I have is a little scaring around my lips and a smaller side of my nose than the other and you can't notice unless you are looking close. I do have problems in the cold of it feeling like I am on fire but if that is all I live with I am blessed.
The following pictures are VERY VERY graphic and this was a while after I had been burned. I wish I had taken them sooner now looking back but I was so devastated at the way I looked.

Now without make-up. There are a few things that are still there but not enough to worry about considering the alternative!! Thank you LORD for your miracles!!!! I have had a lot of them from you.
You really have gone through the fire. So scary and it reminds me to be careful with fire. You poor thing.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's all I can say!
ReplyDelete