So we have both decided we are to trusting and bad judge of characters when it comes to these jobs. This time it wasn't like we had much of a choice on the job that we took since we had to be out of our other place. I know everyone is probably tired of hearing about our job drama and the complaining and I am sorry but this blog was to get out what was going on in my life and this is what is going on in our life. It is soooooooooooo hard to find a good ranch it seems. We really thought these people were going to be the ones but we are finding out daily the nightmare we took on. For one we haven't gotten either of our paychecks on time and have had to call and call to get them and when you live paycheck to paycheck you can't have that. Then the first paychecks bounced and we were told from the other employees that wasn't the first time and that they are always late. Then they decided they don't want to take taxes out on us so we have to pay more and such. Not to menchin it is soooooooooooo unorganized and a huge disgusting mess around here. We have at least a dozen cows out everyday and night and we live next to the road and railroad tracks so that is never fun. But no one else lives on the property so it is us out there getting them but they don't want to spend the money to put up a hot wire to prevent it. Then Eric asks the owner for something and the manager came unglued and was mad at him for asking him and not himself. We were told at the interview we could go to either of them. It doesn't help that the manager really doesn't know much and spends more of the day on his phone or talking and not working and then wonders why nothing gets done. Sorry for the vent. We have been here 5 weeks and Eric has had a total of two half day offs. Well really not even that. He goes to work 5-5:30 and usually isn't off till 7. I know ranch life is hard and lots of work and we aren't afraid of the work but when you still haven't even gotten unpacked because you haven't had time that isn't good. And then the pay does not make up for it. Plus having to pay the utilities, water, etc makes a big difference.
We are still looking and looking at other options. We love the ranch life but if we can't find an organized, normal person to work for it won't work out and we can't keep moving around. We have thought about getting out of it altogether but we can't afford to get our own place. With our bad credit from all the medical and loosing the house during all that and then the first, last and deposits we just can't do it. We have had a lot of rude comments and mean things said to us and yes on the outside it may look easy to do things but if you walk in someone Else's shoes you will see the difficulties. I have really learned that through everything the last few years, not to judge and to look at it from a different perspective.
So please continued prayers would be awesome. I start my little part time job today and then I will ad another part time job soon also so please pray my body gets better. My back has been really bad and I am feeling prity tired and sick lately so It hasn't been the best of times. Thank you for all your support and prayers you have NO idea how much they mean!!!!
Just think you guys could be on some crazy reality show and it might look a little funnier. I mean how many wacko employers can one couple find? Hang in there and keep enjoying each other. Praying for ya.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I can tell, it seems like the majority of ranch owners are living from pay check to pay check too, most of those coming in only once a year. I know this is a really frustrating time in your life. Its so unfortunate that people do not represent themselves honestly. But between the two parts, I'd rather be in your shoes than in theirs. At least you don't have to live with the knowledge that you have been underhanded and used people for your own purposes.
ReplyDeleteSarah I will say that there are ranchers out there that do well and pay what they can and truly live the ranch life. But our experience has been people that buy brand new pickups atleast once a year, brand new saddles once a year, that spend, spend, spend but then short hand or treat disrespectfully the people that make their living. That is the ones I have a problem with. The good ones are the best ones and that is why we are still in it knowing that there are good ones:) Hopeing we find them:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there are both kinds. THe ones in our community mostly do well for themselves, but not so well that they can hire help, the live in kind. The one neighbor has hired the other neighbors son as his full time employee and they do well together, but I've just not been around the "big" whigs that don't do the actual ranching themselves. We live in a fallen world and it is evidenced so often in the self-centered choices people make, especially when they come at the expense of others. I'm sorry that you and Eric keep finding the icks in the ranch world. Hopefully the right people come along soon. If I had a ranch big enough and had money to hire help, I'd be giving you and Eric a call!
ReplyDelete