Well he seems OK still, this am he was acting a little funny, but seems just fine now. I am not sure if he just got a tummy ache and is getting over it or what. Sometimes you may never know. I have continued the pro biotics and will probably start a daily supplement with pro bios in it just for good measure. Just hope we are REALLY over the hump and heading on the uphill. I am exhausted and stressed to the max. I love my horses more than most probably should. I find myself soooooo torn and sad:( I just really want to be able to take proper care of them. Don't get me wrong they are fed well and such but these emergencies we can't afford. I just feel like I am letting them down by not being able to get them to the vet if need be. I HATE TO SAY THIS AND I CRY AS I SAY IT but I have been going back and forth with finding them new homes.............................:( :( :( :(
I don't want to give them up that is for sure but it isn't fair that they should suffer if we can't "afford it" and by we can't afford it I don't mean we just won't, I would go without food and such to take care of them but the fact is we just don't have the money. I was so beyond stressed that Eric had to leave work and hour and a half early because we needed the overtime to make rent. I know you shouldn't have them if you can't afford them, but we are in a lot different circumstances now than before. Life throws some curve balls. I just love them so much and really who wants a broke down old mare. Pringle needs work and he could be someone a good horse, Eric wants to ride him so bad but doesn't have the time and we can't afford for him to get hurt training him if it should happen. I am just so torn and sad right now. I remember the feeling when I gave shar up the first time when I was so sick from my cancer and the thyroid. I wasn't even buying my meds so we could help her more and so we found her a home but everyday for the next year and a half I missed her like crazy and cried A LOT!!! I know I am a huge baby anymore. Just want to make sure we do what is best for them and not be selfish, but also don't want to be hasty and make bad decisions. For now I am loving them like crazy and doing the best we can:)
So THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT MEANS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!! They say we are in for a storm so please pray it isn't to bad, I think Pringle could use good weather:)
I'm glad that Pringle seems to be doing better :) I understand dire circumstances and lack of funds, but I also understand love. I hope things turn around for the better for you soon. :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad Pringle is better. Perhaps, before giving up your horses, you can put together an emergency kit.
ReplyDeleteAs for riding, can you get Pringle started on his groundwork? Perhaps if he's really, really solid on that, under saddle will go fairly smooth? Or, maybe there's work at a barn in your future where you can trade some work for 30-60 days under saddle training for him?
If you want it badly enough, you can always find a way to make things work. Maybe other people here will have some ideas too.
Thanks for the sugggestions:) we are definetly putting together a list so we can get an emergency kit together and I am not against hard work or trying things but I just don't want them to suffer if we can't afford something and you can only do what you can do. I am looking for work where we can try to share our truck and eric is looking into another job on his days off so we aren't afraid of hard work:)
ReplyDeleteAlso remember that just because you re-home them, it doesn't mean the people they go to will have the funds on hand for an emergency. After all, you can't really ask to see their bank statement and request to see it monthly for the rest of the horses' lives.
ReplyDelete