backgrounds

Free background from

Monday, February 8, 2010

The First baby of 2010! Superbowl baby!

Why is it they always wait till the crappiest, coldest weather to start having the babies. It is a high of 2 today and the windchill is -15 degrees and the wind is blowing like crazy. So they all look at each other and say wow what a great day to have this baby......... But I do love seeing the cute little things:) The first one born was born about 10:30 last night and it was to cold to let her stay out so we brought them into the calving barn. They will stay there probably till tomorrow when it is suppose to be a little nicer out. The second baby was born about an hour ago and then we have a bunch that may pop at anytime! I hope they wait a few days since it is suppose to warm up a bit:) I always love pictures of new babies:) Can't wait to get a good camera to take better pics.



Eric checking her mouth to make sure she is warm enough



Little heifer with her new earring:)

7 comments:

  1. Aww she is such a sweetie pie!! Horses are the same way!! I had 2 born in rain storms last year!! At least it was not freezing like that though!!

    Thank you for your kind words today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what -15 feels like. It sounds terrible. The baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how cute! I love em' at this size!
    My mom's bd was the 5th and it never failed that Daddy would have to pull a calf, and the ole heifer would be crazy and hard to gather. Making for a late Birthday supper.
    Valentine's day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love this time of year! I know its really busy for everyone, but all the babies make up for it. We're in the same situation, except its our lambing season right now and calving in another month or so. Theres going to be a hatching in the next couple of days out here on our ranch :)

    ReplyDelete