backgrounds

Free background from

Thursday, February 25, 2010

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!! NEED PRAYERS BADLY!!!

Ok so after I got done typing about my job interview my husband came in and informed me that his boss had nicely told him he knew of a different ranch he could go work at. That is the nicest way of saying we are going to replace you I have ever heard. Eric tried asking him what he meant, how long, why, etc. He danced around the subject and then finally said you are the greenest guy we have had. But here is the part that makes me angry, when we interviewed we were very open and honest about the knowledge Eric had and that he only had the one calving season under his belt as the night guy and such. We were also very open at the fact we didn't have to leave the job we were at for any reason and that we wanted to make sure this was a prity permanent position as we didn't have any where else to go and we don't have a savings to fall back on should we loose the job and after having talked to him and the owner they knew all this. Well now he wants more experienced in the cattle part. But here Eric is in charge of not only calving out 250 head of heifers in which they have pulled at least 1/2 so far for being to large and 4 c-sections he is also in charge of feedlot. But you add in the fact that not a gate works right in the place, the barn still had all the poop, placenta and crap in it from last calving season and more than 1/2 of the fence needs to be put back up and almost all needs tightened and you have way to much work for one person. Then the other two guys come over and can spend all day with Eric working their rears off and they think one person can do it, yeah right!!!! Maybe if he never slept and now getting about 3 hours sleep as is if he is lucky most nights.
So now we don't know what we are going to do. I have to say I am praying my rear off now and I am scared, because we don't have anywhere else to go. We are scrambling for all the want ads we can get our hands on right now. Please, Please say a prayer for us. With all that has already been going on, we definitely didn' t need this. I feel so bad for Eric, he has worked his rear off and to be honest doing a great job for the experience and lack of sleep:) He is a great ranch hand and I know he loves it, I don't want to see him feel so bad about himself. He has a lot of experience in the mechanics and then quite a bit of farming and all that so they haven't even got to see his expertise and strengths.
Thank you in advance for all your prayers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you cricket, I have them on my favorites. I am trying really really hard to stay positive but it is really hard when the odds are as tall as the empire state building right now, but good thing GOD trumps odds:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This morning my husband and I were reading a devotional and I thought of you. I thought that I should share it with you, then I thought it might be too much. But now I realize, no, it was from God and he want you to hear. So I will type the parts that grabbed me for you. You can read the whole days devotional in "My Utmost for His Highest", February 26.

    "The woman said to Him, 'Sir, you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep"-John 4:11

    Have you ever said to yourself, 'I am impressed with the wonderful truths of God's Word, but He can't expect me to live up to that and work all those details into my life!'.... Our misgiving begin within ourselves when we tell Jesus that our circumstances are just a little too difficult for Him. We say, "It's easy to say, 'Trust in the Lord,' but a person has to live; and besides, Jesus has nothing with which to draw water- no means to be able to give us these things." And beware of exhibiting religious deceit by saying, "Oh, I have no misgivings or doubts about Jesus, only misgivings about myself." .....
    My misgivings arise from the fact that I search within to find how He will do what He says. My doubts spring from the depths of my own inferiority. .....

    Tj here-
    Trust even though you can't see how. You have been praying for many things and perhaps, as crazy as this sounds, this change will be the means God uses to make it happen. Look at all manner of possible jobs. Keep open to the movement and prompting of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for you guys! Just remember that GOD is Great and He can do anything!

    Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all-
    TJ and Mark thank you for that and really the only thing probably keeping me from being a puddle on the floor is that I know GOD is there for me and that he will take care of me no matter what and yes I keep saying to eric we are going to look back and say this was a GOD thing:) But still hard when faced with such big things. But I will keep my faith in him and I appreciate the encouragement and prayers everyone:)

    ReplyDelete