Thursday, April 7, 2011
Need suggestions for weight loss!!
Ok so I GOT TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!! I think a lot of my depression is coming from hating what I see in the mirror. I don't like being so over weight and out of shape. I have always been a goer and a doer and this is really limiting me. My body hates me and attacks me on a regular basis but I can't stand the way I look anymore and I don't feel healthy. I will admit that I am terrible at sticking with it. When I have someone else to do it with or if I am paying to use a gym I am able to push my way through and get results but I don' t have either option right now. I know everyone says put on your big girl panties and just do it! If it were that easy I would have already done it and not have this self hate going on. I admit I am weak. I just want to find something that works and I enjoy and do it. I would love to join our little gym down the road, but right now a big gym membership is probably not a way to help get us out of debt. So I am looking for suggestions. It will have to be stuff I can prity much do here at home and I don't have any equipment. I do have a Jillian Michael's 30 day shred so I will throw that in some. I was wanting some Pilate's and yoga maybe to mix in for strength, any recommendations? I just really want to get this weight off, I want to go into summer excited to wear shorts and tank tops:) So if anyone has any suggestions on things that have worked for them, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it:) I wish I was rich enough to be sent off to fat camp:) I know it would change my life:) Well I will have to build a fat camp of my own I guess:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First, sparkpeople.com. It's free and you'll make more friends!
ReplyDeleteNext, have you thought about kettle bells at all? Or the Couch to 5k program? I want to do both. Maybe we can do them together, albeit at a distance?
I've lost 45 lbs since last May. I've used www.myfitnesspal.com to help me track my food. It's free. I've also cut my carbs down quite a bit and that helped. I do not mean an Atkins diet, just reduced them.
ReplyDeleteLoving the feedback:) T&M I definetly don't want it to get in my way of my time with tthe LROD but I also know he gave us this body and wants us to take care of it:) I have done weightwathchers and it worked before. I would do it again but right now the money is an issue so I think I will try it on my own and do the best I can. never heard of the soup thing may be a way to get started.
ReplyDeleteGunDiva-I will definetly email, I would love to try the pilates:)
Oregonsunshine-I have been on there before kind of forgot about it. I think kettle bells would be great. I did the couch to 5 with a friend for a while but my knees don't do the running well. my knees and back are waht make excersise soooo hard for me.
Nan-I will have to check that out. Ya I am one for balanced diets not extreme diets.
I know a lot of people have had a lot of luck with Tosca Reno's Eating Clean plan. I do something sorta similar, but only because I know my body feels better eating less preservatives. And I cut back on my carbs some. More protein, but not Atkins or South Beach like and I do better too.
ReplyDeleteMy Honey lost 22 lbs just from us changing his diet. He did the 'no white' diet...no potatoes, no rice, no bread.
ReplyDelete'Course, Meg and I lost weight too and we don't have much to spare-LOL...so I had to start adding carbs back in for us. MH cannot resist if it's there, so he gained a few pounds back. But we are back on track and he is losing a little weight again.
Meat, cheeses, salads, vegetables.
The ideal starting diet has no more than 20 grams of carbs in one day.
HAH! Look at the labels on some of the ordinary stuff we eat and WOW!, that eliminates A LOT.
I did find some Organic crackers that were less than 1/2 the carbs of other crackers. They are yummy and no more expensive than the others. Brown rice is very good for you, so even though a little high in carbs, good nutrition. Also, found a Multi-Grain bread by Sara Lee that has a lot less carbs than regular bread.
As for supplements, Magnesium and Chromium Pictolinate (just like for IR horses) may help. I know you don't have a thyroid anymore, so I'm not sure how they would work for you. Might look that up.
Of course, I think you are beautiful just the way you are, but I also know that when I gain over 8-10 lbs, I don't feel as good either, so if you are uncomfortable...you have to do what you have to do. ;-)
We're off to that playday today. Wish us luck....Gonna give Spooks and Turk a workout-LOL