backgrounds

Free background from

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I hate the mirror!!!(updates included)

Ok so I know every woman feels like this at some point! But I feel like this all the time. Not only does the weight part bother me but now it seems like I have aged 1o years in the last few months. I know the stress I am sure hasn't helped but I just feel ugly to be honest. I have never really been one to worry tons about ageing or such but now it is really starting to bother me. Not the number itself but the looks. I know looks aren't everything but ladies lets be honest we all want to be beautiful. We all want to feel good about ourselves and we want to know we look good when we go out and such. I just feel so blah and yuck all the time. My hair is breaking more and more and of course falls out and grows at random from the lovely thyroid issues, my skin is staring to show large pours which I have never had, and thanks to the nasty burn a few years ago it is starting to show some of the scaring especially when I tan and those areas don't sometimes. I just really want to feel good about me. I just wish all the good beauty treatments and such weren't soooo gosh darn expensive. Right now these things aren't a priority unfortunately. So if anyone knows any cheap or secret remedies besides a time machine let me know:)
Work is going well and all though I have been sick and extremely worn out it feels good to get out and work. It feels good to know that I am going to be able to help contribute to the bills and to make this body do some heavy work:) We are just trying to catch up but seems like we just keep falling behind. We will just keep working and doing the best we can to get some things caught up. I know our biggest trap is the house. It is just way to much for us. The payment is huge and as soon as the lease is up we will be finding something different. We had to pass up my insurance as we just couldn't afford to add another $250 bill a month and then it was a $2600 deductible. It made me very sad and frustrated but hopefully next year we can find a cheaper place and be able to add me on then. Thank you everyone for the prayers and the encouragement!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there and I know you don't want to hear it.... But we all FEEL Ugly. We do. Nobody feels as pretty as they want to and I know it is my vanity and I don't want to be that way, but I am and I am a heck of a lot older than you. BTW- shea butter or Kukui nut oil is great, and fairly cheap, for the skin. And olive oil or the kukui nut oil helps hair too and wrinkles. Keep the hair covered from sun and brush gingerly. Lots of protein for hair too. Good luck. I can't afford those treatments either and honestly everything short of plastic surgery probably doesn't work that well anyway. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is always kind of a shock to us when we hit a certain age and things start changing. My skin went to hell when was about 35-breakouts and big pores. Stress doesn't help, but part of the problem is that our skin stops shedding as easily as it did before.

    I have to use a sugar scrub about once a week(be gentle with it-it's very coarse). More often in the summer. The only other thing I use is a very inexpensive masque that I buy at the Family Dollar (or Wal-Mart). It's called Queen Helene and I have both the mud pack and the mint julip. I alternate them depending on what my face looks like and use them once or twice a week. The mud helps soften and firm. The mint julip helps tighten and reduce pores. The only 'expensive' thing I use is Oil Of Olay Rejuvenating face cream. Don't forget the sunblock when you are working outside. ;-)

    Using olive oil after a shower and really rubbing it in before you towel off is a great body skin softener. Before a shower, pack your hair with a cheap mayonnaise, wrap with a plastic bag and cover with a towel for 30 minutes. It adds vital fats. I have never had much luck with the expensive shampoos and conditioners anyway. Meg and I have had the best luck with Suave 'Salon Professional' products. Beauty doesn't have to be expensive...and I have friends who spend a lot on that crap and still look 'rough'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger ate my comment again! Arrgh!

    I will look up some recipes and whatnot and email them to you. I had a really long comment typed out here and now it's gone.

    ReplyDelete