backgrounds

Free background from

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bittersweet.......

I find myself having a hard time getting motivated to finish the unpacking and start decorating. It has just been such a crazy few weeks and I know a lot of it is that I am not feeling the best. I know the stress added a lot to that and I am glad things seem to be calming down. Eric is working hard and enjoying it so far. He is just happy to be making a good wage. But this is definitely Bittersweet for both of us. We are so happy and blessed to have been given this opportunity. A opportunity to make a good wage, get out of debt in time, get insurance in a few months, etc, etc. But I have to say both of our hearts are still in the ranch life. I caught myself tearing up just a little bit ago sitting on the deck watching over the cows in the distance. It is calving season(our favorite season) and we will not be a part of that this year. We loved the ranch life sooooooooooooooo very much and it is in our hearts. But it just wasn't working out. We are going to concentrate on the good we have now and hold the good memories of ranching in our hearts forever. Maybe someday we will have the chance again with out all the heartaches! So for now I got to get to work on making this house a home for us:)

5 comments:

  1. You could go see if your neighbor would like a little help. Or maybe y'all will have room there for your own cow? The ranch life isn't gone, it's just different. Perhaps this is the time to start working on your goals and dreams of your own ranch!

    How about planning out a garden for this coming spring? Or maybe considering a couple little milk or fiber goats? I know they aren't cows, but they're still a lot of fun and livestock! Plan a coop and get a couple hens! There's lots you can do!

    I still need your new address, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregonsunshine has some good ideas! Think about it!
    I can't remember if I ever told you our whole story, but before we got married, we planned to live at the ranch. Then things didn't work out and we ended up in TN. I was heart broken, and cryed off and on over it for several years. Thing is, even though I'd given up hope, God has His own plan, and its better than I ever dreamed! And here I am back in MT, not on the ranch, but close and soon to be there permanently. Don't give up hope! Use this time for preperation, learning, and giving things totally over to God. He'll get you where He needs you to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank y'all for the wonderful ideas. I know eric wants to do a garden. But me I am not the gardening type, I don't care for it. I know blasphemey me saying that but I will help him:) We would love to have some chickens, goats, a cow etc but I don't think that is a wise idea when we don't have our own place. Maybe someday we will have our own place and then we can. We are just going to work on getting out of debt first and then see what kind of life GOD helps us build:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chickens are easily portable and easy to sell if need be. Plus, you really only get a couple good years of laying. I don't see how 2-3 chickens could be much hassle, plus they'd provide entertainment and fresh eggs. A little goatie or two would fit right in with the horses, not eat much and could add milk and cheese if you wanted.

    I understand about not wanting to add to the critters until you own a place, but both little goats and chickens don't really add much to the bill. In fact, chickens would be happy running around, eating bugs and scraps if for some reason money was tight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just have to remember kiddo...The Lord helps those who help themselves! And that's what you guys are doing at this time...Helping yourselves.

    But I always loved my mom's query, 'If your beating your head against a brick wall, do you really think you are hurting the brick?'

    There are a lot of people working in the oilfield that have the same kind of dreams you guys have. For some people it becomes their career like it did for Chris, for others it's just a means to an end. No doubt the change is difficult, but once you guys get ahead and can start to afford to do some things you enjoy, it will get better. Money CAN buy happiness-LOL. (...and now I am off to ride ;-)

    ReplyDelete