I can say this is definitely a motto in my life. I am not going to say I am perfect at it but it is basic and easy if you will just do it. I wish everyone lived by it. It would sure be a better world to live in. I just can't comprehend hurting someone, lieing to or about someone or any other bad things on purpose. I don't care if I can't stand the person I still couldn't purposely hurt them or lie about them or to them. But we run into people like that EVERYWHERE!!! It makes me so mad and hurts me deeply but really it is them that suffer. To have to live with the fact that you lie or hurt people can't feel good. They have to constantly worry about someone finding out about there lies or someone doing it back to them. They live in fear!! I can say I am glad I don't have to live like that. I learned long ago that lieing only causes fear, sadness and can ruin relationships and other parts of your life. If only people could realize how freeing telling the truth and being kind can be!!
I just really think that old saying really could fix a lot of the personal, public, and economical problems. I know I am giving a miss America "world peace" answer but really if we all did unto others as we would want them to do to us the society would be a lot different!!!
I have taught my kids the Golden Rule and I remind them of it often enough. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to hold a lot of water in society nowadays. Just remember though, you CAN pick your friends!
ReplyDelete