Well we got home yesterday evening from the western slope of Colorado. We had a job interview there with a little ranch/farm. The people were extremely nice and of course the area is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I SOOOOOOOOO love the mountains!!! They are suppose to let us know if we got the job end of the week. So we might be moving down there soon.
We loved the area and think it would be perfect for us but my only hesitation is taking my horse down there. I finally have her fat and happy for the first time in years. I am just so nervous to move her to a new area and have her loose weight. Also they do not have a place for us to have our horses on their own they would be thrown in with their horses and moved through different pastures. That does not make me very happy. If she wasn't older and on a special diet wouldn't be a big deal but I like to keep her close to watch her, feed her, and she needs a water heater in winter or she doesn't drink enough. I KNOW, I KNOW high maintenance but she didn't grow up a ranch horse and she has done everything in the world I have ever asked of her so I can't not take the best care of her. I am thinking I could find a place close by to board her so that she would have shelter, constant hay and such.
I guess we will worry when we get the job:)
Oh, that would be awesome!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about your mare, if you guys get the job. if need be, I'd keep her at my place til you all get settled. My place is not fancy. but I can make her her own pen, put up a windblock for her and make sure she gets turn-out time. That would work til you all get settled and see if you can find her a place that would work for her closer to where you are.
I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to turn her out in a strange place, in a herd environment. It just don't work for every horse.
Fingers crossed for you guys. :-)