(Hanging Lake, Glenwood Springs CO.)
Saturday I decided I wanted to get out and be brave with my arm still hurting:) I figured if I make it worse than it REALLY needs surgery for sure. So I found a picture of hanging lake online and wanted to go. It said about an hour and a half round trip and 1.2 miles. I was like no prob that would be an easy hike. Well I get there and see the sign that says "difficult" well different states have different ideas of difficult:) This state knows difficult.
This is just the first part of the trail all rock and really not much of a trail. But it was an awesome, awesome hike and I was actually prity proud of how well I did it and that I wasn't totally exhausted. And we did it in a quick time. It is 1.2 miles but goes up like 1,102 feet in that 1.2 miles. So it is a lot of switch backs. but it does follow the most beautiful dead horse creek.
Which as you can see here makes some of the most beautiful water falls all along it. I could fill this post with hundreds of pictures of this creek and different falls. It was so clean and clear and the sound was so relaxing.
This was the view from almost the top. Yes we started out below all those cliffs at the bottom where the Colorado river runs so it was a long ways up.
This is the falls that feeds hanging lake. This is called spouting rock as you can kind of see on the right fall it comes directly out of the rock cliffs.
This is hanging lake. It is so beautiful. You cannot fish or go in the water. It has special minerals and such that make it its own eco-system and it would destroy it if people were to get in it or such. It is so clear and it is full of some of the most beautiful trout. Which Handsome just thought was cruel that I would make him watch them but no fishing:)
Almost looks like some other country don't it:)
This the view from above the lake at spouting rock falls. It was just such an awesome day. It helped to remind me that there is so much out there that GOD made for me to enjoy and it wasn't even that far from us:) I want to spend more time enjoying those little moments and spending such awesome time with my husband whom I love sooooooo much!!! It is just nice to get away and enjoy the little things.

Beautiful. My grandma had a picture on her wall that this reminding me of.
ReplyDeletewow! That is just gorgeous! I'm not sure I coudl have made the hike. We're so out of shape from driving. But it looks like it would have been worth the aching muscles and breathlessness! Glad you two went ahead and did it!
ReplyDeleteWOw, I want to go there! Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete