backgrounds

Free background from

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It gets me everytime!!!


I don't know about anyone else, but one of my favorite things at the rodeo is when they do the national anthem. To see that flag carried by a rider horseback. It takes my breath away. It is so majestic and beautiful and it represents us as a country and our people and has been there through all our history. It always brings tears to my eyes. My favorite intro is the John Wayne intro and then the star spangle banner sang live. I don't know why but it always gets me:)


We got to go to some of the black hills stock show and rodeo stuff this weekend and that just stuck in my mind. How much it means to me and that someday I want to be that woman that carries that banner with pride in an arena of people cheering for what this country originally stood for: freedom, liberty, justice and being one nation under GOD!!!!





All these photos are just random photos that I loved on google. Thank you to all who shared them with us!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Good pictures, and I agree, I always get a lump in my throat too!

    Take care & God bless you,
    Heidi-

    ReplyDelete
  2. For U today: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/02/how-to-discover-true-value-of-you-and.html

    Beautiful pics and sentiment BTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. For U today: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/02/how-to-discover-true-value-of-you-and.html

    Beautiful pics and sentiment BTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it gets to me too! I love how rodeo is so patriotic, and also recognizes the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer that it was I love also, It represents the old fashioned values:) Not that it is perfect but it is close:) hee hee. Gotta love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was asked to carry a flag at this years Pin Oak Charity horse show... I was so upset that I had to decline...but I ride sidesaddle and honestly did not think that I am experienced enough to handle 2 legs on one side and a flag on the other .... at least just not yet!

    Enjoyed my visit to your blog!
    Julie
    www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an honor to be asked julie:) Sidesaddle is amazing I had a chance to try it a few times and yes it would take some practice to balance a flag in there:) Start practicing and it would be awesome to see someone sidesaddle carry the flag. I have carried flags in parades and loved it, even did it bareback once and it took a little work to balance the flag well:) had a flag jack attached to my leg for the bottom:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get a lump in my throat(and even a tear if it's a really cool entry) during the Star Spangled Banner at rodeos. I guess it is because rodeo folks are generally so family, country and honor oriented.

    ReplyDelete