backgrounds

Free background from

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Settling in....

So we have been here almost a month now. Still got boxes that need unpacked and things that need organized, but we are settling in prity well. This was a big move for us as we were not a 100% sure it was the move we should have made. We loved the ranch we were on in the nebraska sandhills but there was no work out there for me and I was not able to help on the ranch there except during night calving. But we see now that this was a great move. The ranch is amazingly beautifull and we are close to a lot of neat things like rushmore, badlands, etc. The ranch manager is an awesome guy to work with and Handsome just loves it. I love it to cause I get to go out and help and work around the ranch like I have always done before. I have never been one to sit in the house and just watch so that was hard at the last ranch and also the no horses thing at the last ranch, that was killing me. Here we will use them for work. For right now we will use the owners horses, he is on the east coast and only comes out a few times a year so it works out for now:)
I am still looking for work and that part is frustrating and I really even hate the thought of working in town, it is all I can do to enjoy going to town for groceries with all the traffic and rude stupid people:) But I do enjoy it every once in a while but not everyday. But hey a job is what is needed so I am going to suck it up and work my tail off!!
The dogs and cats are settling in great, but our golden really wants to run and romp with the deer, but we are only about 1/2 mile off the hwy here at the house so I don't let him go very far. But they love the land and having the river right here!
I am most excited for when summer comes to go and do all the neat things that happen around here then, like going to the dinner shows, sturgis and all that. Gotta see everything once:) I hope that we will get some visitors to come see us but I am not holding my breath as my family and friends don't travel very far very often and if they do they want to do something more exotic than south dakota:)
Just excited to see what this year brings and to see if this is where we will stay!!! That is the biggest mystery. We both love wyoming and montana a lot though. My favorite place and if money was no object would be jackson hole wyoming. I lived on a ranch there for a summer right in front of the tetons and it was a place that keeps calling me back!!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your comment over at BECs (Browneyed Cowgirls) and thought I'd come check you out, welcome to the blog-neighbourhood :)
    Your profile pic made me "LOL" for real. Our wedding photographer wanted hubby & I to bring things that represented us. He REALLY wanted me to bring one of my horses but I told him I couldn't because the only person besides me that I trusted to bring one was my BFF and she was a bridesmaid. Instead we brought an old rope. During some downtime while the photographer was snapping pics of the extended family my hubby picked up this puppet the photographer was using to entertain the kids. Happened to be a cow. My BFF was holding the rope and hubby cow-puppets to her "Mooooo. Mooo. Hey Kim rope me! Moooo."
    Guess what.... she did! One quick spin of the rope and a toss and snap, right around him. It was HILARIOUS. Too bad the photographer missed THAT moment! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. cdncowgirl that is a cute story and it would have been fun to have it on film:) I will have to look up your blog and thanks for the welcome. It is nice to see what others are out in the world doing:)
    Our wedding was very small but we tried to have as much fun as we could, that is actually what got me blogging in the first place was all our struggles with affording a wedding and such.(aweddingondreamsandprayers)
    Look forward to keeping in touch. Have a great New years!!!

    ReplyDelete