backgrounds

Free background from

Monday, December 28, 2009

So christmas has come and gone....

Well Christmas came and went and so fast again. We had a blizzard come through and basically shut everything down from wednesday-Sunday. We got a lot of snow and the winds were horrible at 50+mph. But it was beautiful. We got all the cows fed and ranch chores done in the am and then spent the afternoons inside staying warm. The power went out the 23rd and didn't come on till evening of 24th so it was a little chilly and all our pipes froze so no water for a while:) But we just lit candles and lanterns and played card games together as husband and wife:)
This time of the year is a lonely and sad time for me. All my friends and family are 1200 miles away. I am use to busy holidays full of laughter and fun. Now it is just the two of us. and don't get me wrong I am sooooo happy and blessed to be spending the holidays with my most wonderful husband ever but I do miss my friends and family. It is just so hard to be away.
We decided this year though that whenever we were bummed or frustrated by stuff that we would just say a prayer and thank the LORD for the blessing we do have in our life and I will tell you it made a huge difference in me:)
It was just so awesome to finally be husband and wife for Christmas:) Our first Christmas as a married couple. With the blizzard we couldn't go anywhere so I made us a big turkey dinner with the trimmings and then we watched Rudolph and such. It was a great Christmas to just love, hug and enjoy each other:)
I am sad Christmas is over but I want to be better about being prepared for it next year. Next year I want to do more memorable things like go to a u-cut to get our tree, make ornaments, maybe go back to Oregon for the holidays, or maybe have some visitors here for the holidays. I want to start creating traditions and sticking to them:)
Well now it is on to new years:)........

No comments:

Post a Comment