So I had my MRI and Nerve study yesterday. I will just say I hate being shocked more than anything in the world and that is what they do. They shock your nerves to see the response and then they stick needles in you to see the "electricity" running through your nerves and muscles. I did that for 2 hrs. The nurse said she hadn't seen one have to be done for that long. It made my arm hurt so bad. Which of course they said was not normal. Then it went into and intense nerve pain and I had to have a shot of Toridol and they put me on some prity severe nerve pain meds. Those on their own are torture. But anyways...They still don't know what is causing all the stuff in my left arm. The shocking showed my left arm super sensitive and my right arm not registering enough. But the needle therapy showed issues with nerves that go to my hand. So now the next step is a bone scan.
On to the next thing and the thing that really got me. They found what they think is a cyst by my disk in my neck. They think it may be what is making me dizzy and having the balance issues. He said I would have to see a neurologist about that. I then asked if there was a possibility that it could be cancerous. He said it was always a possibility. I then told him I had thyroid cancer a couple years ago. He became very concerned then and said we need to take care of it right away:( So the next thing they want to do is another MRI with contrast to see if it is really a cyst or tumor and a better idea of the size. So at least this injury hasn't been for nothing again it caused me to have to have the MRI on my neck that I probably wouldn't have had till things were a lot worse for me. So now we are trying to figure out how we can do all this with no insurance.
I have also pinpointed a big thing as far as why my depression is probably so severe. I mean life has really continued to kick me in the teeth and that is a lot. But prity much every medication I am taking says can cause severe depression and suicidal tendencies. WOW fun!!! But I think now that I am more aware of it I will be able to control some of it some. So sorry y'all have gotten to know me on the negative end. Hopefully this journey will lead to a happy ending. And positive fun posts!!!
Hope you get good results and hope you feel better soon. No fun feeling bad... I have two broken legs and am going crazy with having to stay in bed. I bet things will get better for both of us!
ReplyDelete