So Monday was our 2nd wedding anniversary. I love that man more than anything and more everyday!!! We have a plan to visit a different state every anniversary. Well since we really couldn't afford to do much we did our Colorado one this year:) Guess good thing we moved to this state:) Sunday we got up early and drove up through Glenwood Springs to Carbondale and drove to Redstone, marble, and went on a dirt road to Crestted Butte and then around Gunnison, Montrose and back up to I-70 and home. It was an amazingly beautiful drive to take this time of year. All the brush and aspens are changing colors and it just made it stunning. We stopped at a few of the little towns and just enjoyed the atmosphere and learned some history in marble, co. Which is where the marble for the Lincoln memorial and other federal landmarks came from. It was just nice to get away and enjoy each others company. We truly truly LOVE each other, but more than that we LIKE each other:) Now we are working on 3 years:) and have many, many, many more to go!!!! Thank you LORD for putting this man beside me in this life!!
I love aspens!!! They are just the prettiest when they change color and I love the sound as the leaves dry and clank together. So I took a TON of pics of them:)
Eric standing in the doorway of what use to be one of the 70ft. marble walls to keep fires from spreading if they were to break out at marble, CO.
on a dirt road between paonia and crested butte area.
pinnacle cliffs on the gunnison reservoir. It was just such an awesome view!





Crested Butte is one of my favorite areas. Have not been for quite awhile. You don't need to go anywhere when you are sitting in the most beautiful place ever!!
ReplyDeleteHave only been skiing in winter but love the area!!
ReplyDeletelooks beautiful! I love fall and all its changes. Have you had frost yet? We've had 2 so far, though I wasn't home for either. I just so enjoy your little road trips! It would be so nice to do them for fun instead of work! I'm jealous! I know we see a lot, but I'm a big beleiver in "quality over quantity" in many many things, road trips included! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a really beautiful area! I ove those marble walls. Congratulations on your anniversary too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I love doing road trips around the state, but then I'm pretty convinced we live in the prettiest state around.
ReplyDelete