backgrounds

Free background from

Monday, August 16, 2010

We made it through the first Sturgis Motorcycle ralley....

Me on our friend Billys bike:)

So now that we live near sturgis only about 25 miles east of it we figured we better see what the ralley is all about and we fell in love!! I loved it. I loved seeing all the different bikes and how people had customized them. I also loved all the concerts and fun dancing. I am very tired though. We made it to everyday of the ralley and a few days before for atleast part of the day between work. I have to say that I expected it to be a lot different. Everyone said you would see all this dirty, weird things and to be honest not really any of that. Not to say some of the ways people dressed wasn't a little crazy but no full nudity or anything like that. Which I very much appreciated:)
I will say I was shocked the shear size of this event. This town is little and nothing goes on most the rest of the year. It transformed into the biggest thing ever and tehy say there were probably around 700,000 here this year for the 70th anniversary. CRAZY!!!!! Can't wait for next year but we would like to have a motorcycle:) I know keep dreaming:)


Here are a few pics.......


the town a couple days before
as the craziness started!!
My favorite motorcycle:)

2 comments:

  1. The really 'crazy' stuff is now held at bay in the private campgrounds. The main drag is pretty tame.

    We opted not to go this year because of the huge size. Having grown up around there, the best years(to us) are when the numbers are smaller.

    Glad you had fun. It sure is a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete