So we have spent like around $2,500 on the last 3 doctor visits and still no answers!!! GRRRRRR!!! They are hoping it is just because my thyroid levels but it has been two years and they still haven't gotten them right. There is something that is causing that. I am tired, nauseous, and my hands and face go annoyingly numb. And that is just a few of the issues. I try to just ignore it and push through it but it makes it hard and things are really hard to enjoy when you feel so crappy!!!
I think what is even more frustrating is trying to find a doctor who actually cares and you are just not another number and to find one that will take what you say and try and figure it out not just blow it off. Especially when you don't have insurance and we have to pay all the visits out of pocket you don't want to be just waisting money.
My biggest concern is that the cancer will return or have spread. We just can't afford to go in for all the follow up tests every 6 months. Most of the doctors rely on the blood tests to reveal if there is cancer in the blood but I don't like that. As when they found my cancer they were shocked and had no idea. If I wouldn't have pushed to have my thyroid removed it would have been really advanced. I don't want to wait till cancer is to far advanced to find out. Everyone knows the earlier it is diagnosed the better chances of cure. I am not going to worry myself to death about it but I am not going to bury my head in the sand and assume it will never happen to me....Again!
I just really hope it is just getting my thyroid meds right and then...poof....feel great again:)
No comments:
Post a Comment