backgrounds

Free background from

Monday, April 19, 2010

A new addition to our little family

So if you have been reading my blog you probably got to read about how I had to give up my horses:( They were my babies and not a day goes by it doesn't make my heart ache. Well since we have moved to a better place and make a little more Eric has been dieing to get another horse, but me..............not so much. Now let me explain. Horses are the most amazing thing in this world and they are sooooo very very special to me and I never imagined my life without them, but when I had to give mine up because of my being sick and us not being able to afford to take care of me and them it broke me. I won't lie that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and I have done a lot of hard things but I felt not only like I was loosing my "kids" But I felt like I let them down completely:( So to say the least I have been very very hesitant to even talk about a horse.
Well last Friday Eric came in and announced he is going to go get a horse. He found him listed on craigslist and he was "Free" ya we all know they are never free:) I got very tense and wasn't very happy about it but decided to go with him. The trip took longer than we thought to get there so it was dark. Great it is dark and only a flashlight to check him out. But he walked right up to me and did everything I asked:) The poor guys feet are terrible and the lady didn't know anything about horses and he was in a tiny little pen and had cut his foot really bad but she had never even noticed. So me being the sucker I am couldn't leave him there so home he came:)
He is settling in great and is so friendly. He hasn't been ridden in a year so we will just start out slow and get him going good:) But first we have got to do something about his terribly long cracked feet. But I think he is going to make a good little horse. It has been nice having a horse around again.
Well the below pictures are his pictures, but keep in mind this is when we got him so he still has burs in his mane and bad feet. Plus some of the angles aren't very flattering:) I will get after pics in the next couple days:) OH and his name........................"Pringle" dumbest name ever!!!!! We may have to try and change it:)
Well meet pringle.....


Pringle meets his new neighbors:)

The cut is healing but lots of proud flesh. How do you not see that??? Terrible feet, but I am going to trim them up tomorrow. It will take a long while to get them back to normal but we will do our best:) Got to get his toes brought in and then his heals up, he is almost walking on his hairline, not to menchin how bad his bars and frogs are. We will get him all fixed up:)

9 comments:

  1. I think Mr. Pringle is going to be a keeper. He looks sweeet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's a pretty looking guy. Glad you can get back into something you love. Hope this time it works out better.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pony! I would take a pocket knife and scrape the top layer of that proud flesh off everyday until it's gone. After you scrape until it bleeds wash it with some water and put some alushield on it. Have fun with your horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO CUTE!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you I can hardly stand it! You are the perfect person to get him back in healthy order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think that is just awesome!! He is a beauty! Even with his cracked feet :) Glad he will be getting all of that fixed up, poor thing! His feet do look terrible!! Proud flesh...HATE IT!!! Lots of water hydration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he's beautiful! A little bit of tender-lovin-care is what that guy needs and you, friend, are just the gal to give it to him! What a blessing!

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL-Maybe he came from in the hills. There's a little town named Pringle back in there between Custer and Hot Springs.

    He looks like a super, sweet fixer-upper. Love that big white face.:)

    ReplyDelete