Monday, December 8, 2014
Finally a diagnosis
So our poor old kitty girl Target has been sick since August. Sneezing uncontrollably at first. Took her into vet and they thought allergies so we put her on prednisone and 2 days later normal self again. Wean her off of it and month later sneezing and wheezing back horribly:( Put her on pred again this time no fix and her whole face swells up. So call vet they can't get her in for few days, so I call the other vet and they get her right in. They check her over and find she has an abscessed tooth and a cracked tooth so we get her on antibiotics and schedule a dental with yet another vet that has dental xrays. SO we have the dental done, she has 9 teeth removed(poor girl:( ) But two weeks later still swollen face and not feeling well. So we change antibiotics and swelling finally goes away. But the sneezing and wheezing still there. We try the prednisone again and then Thanksgiving her face swells up yet again and she is sneezing horribly:( Next morning I get up and she starts sneezing blood all over:( I couldn't get her in to our regular vets so I decide try a vet a couple towns away. And I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad we did, I wish we had gone to this vet when it started. Lucky all the blood she was sneezing was just a broken blood vessel from sneezing so hard. She did more testing that the other vets said they couldn't do and then she thought it could possibly be cryptococssis. It is rare here but she thought it was a big possibility so we pulled blood and sent it in. It took 5 days to get it back but it came back positive. That stinks but I was happy to finally have an answer!! But the poor girl is lucky to be alive. So then they had compound medicine in Texas and mail it to us overnight. So we started her on it Thursday. It will take a while to do much good and it is something she will be on at least 3 months but could be on it the rest of her life possibly. So now just praying to much damage wasn't done and that she responds well to the medicine. Just thankful we know what is going on and can get her going in right direction. Praying she will be feeling A LOT better by Christmas:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment