backgrounds

Free background from

Saturday, February 22, 2014

And the search is on..................

And the search is on......Where to live?  So we know we wanna move.  We know we want less traffic, little more affordable cost of living, less population, preferably something out a little ways with a bigger city a ways away for all the stuff we need on occasion.  We want friendly, safe, and happy.  Eric wants fishing close by:)  So we are trying to decide where it shall be.  SOOOOO many choices in this world.  Eric says no east coast.  We debate going where we have already been or trying something new....

South Dakota is near the top of our list.  We lived in a few places there near black hills and LOVED IT!!! Wouldn't have left if we could have found a ranch job in the area at the time.  I love sturgis, deadwood, hillcity, etc.  Our good friends have since moved to Beulah wyoming though.  Not that that is very far but be nice to be closer to them.  We like the outer areas but Rapid is good for everything you may need for stores, and jobs.  

Western Wyoming-  I lived in Jacksonhole and LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! Amazing place.  But with that good paying jobs can be hard to come by and cost of living is HIGH!  

Eastern Idaho- I lived near Ririe, Idaho and again loved it.  Beautiful, snow, sun, and great people.   But again jobs not greatest pay and places out of town hard to find for rent.  But do have some good friends there.

Western Colorado- We both loved the state but the cost of living was soooooooooooooooooo darn high unless you lived near grand junction or larger city and we didn't care for that area.  

I know picky, picky, picky.  There are so many options and they will all have there ups and downs. 

Other places we haven't lived but are thinking about

Outer areas of Bend Oregon- love the climate, mt bachelor, the sisters, etc  Not sure on the affordability or housing availability. Also not sure of jobs.  We are starting to research that some.

There are tons of places I would love to see and try but moving a lot gets expensive and old:)  I wouldn't mind western Montana, Kentucky, Georgia, etc.  I took one of those where should you live quizes and it said I should live in Alaska:)  I think it would be BEAUTIFUL up there but from what I heard not on the affordable side:)

So for now lots of praying and research!!!

3 comments:

  1. Eastern Oregon is beautiful. Have you tried the Capital Press? They have a lot of ranching jobs. And Ranch World ads on facebook has ranching jobs all over the western US. :) Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do keep an eye out on the capital press. We are going to go explore the bend area here soon. We both LOVED LOVED LOVED ranching and miss it SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY much, but I don't think we will go back to it:( It is just so stressful and hard to have your housing and job all in one. If something doesn't work out then you have to scramble not only for a job but a home:( I will never say never for sure but it would have to be a GOD thing to put us there. I miss everything about it though. Miss the baby calves, the moms lowing, etc. Most amazing life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on search. Montana is lovely, but think the jobs are scare there right now. Will look forward to see where the future lures you!

    ReplyDelete