So we have been here 8 months now and I have to say I was right. This was not a good option for us. Of course I always missed my friends and some of my family but I have to say I never missed the drama and the garbage. I definitely didn't miss the traffic and crowded stores and such. I am not built to be a city girl for sure. We don't even live in the city but close enough that it feels like it. The summer has been beautiful, but I definitely did not do well over the winter and spring with all the rain, rain, rain.
Eric has struggled with the go, go, go and people, people, people:) We do both love the beach, the mountains and the rivers and lakes:) But it comes with so many expectations from others and drama. That we both are not interested in for sure. It is just so hard when you are away 7 years and you are on your own it makes it harder to be patient with all that. I am trying to be patient and trying not to get wrapped up in all of it but I find that hard. I think the old saying you are who you hang with is sooooooooooooo true!!! Of course I have loved spending time with my nieces and nephews, friends and family, but I feel like visiting was better for the most part:)
We are just trying to enjoy the good parts and figure out how to distance ourselves from the bad without causing more garbage and drama. Life is to short for all the drama and unimportant. So for now we are just enjoying the time we can with those we love and seeing the beauty of oregon. We are praying to see what the LORD will do next:)
No comments:
Post a Comment