backgrounds

Free background from

Saturday, October 22, 2011

kitty gone wild and grandma gets staples

So here is what happened with my Grammy while she was here. I had gone in and cleaned the Kitty's litter box, fed them and such and petted them. I opened their windows a crack and left. About 5 min or so later I went to go outside to start the car since we were leaving for my physical therapy and hit Tonka on my way out with the door and he took off around the house. "what the, why are you out?" go around and see he had pulled the window open further and then pushed the corner of the screen out. He was all scared and puffing and that is not like him. SOOOO Stupid me I reached down to grab him and put him away as I have done a few times before and he went psycho kitty on my rear. He jumped on my other arm and scratched the heck out of me:( He has never done anything like that so my grandma comes out to see why I had hollered I told her he scratched me and he did....blood was dripping everywhere. Well we live way to close to the road so I ran in to get the kennel and my grandma was still outside. As I come out the door I see her by the fence hollering and she said he got me to. I look up and she has blood running down her forehead, way more than what a kitty could have done. So she runs in and washes her head really quickly while I get Tonka in the kennel and put him in his room where 5 minutes later of course he is fine. We think he might have gotten chased by one of the Ferrel cats that hangs around since he was SO SCARED! So I go inside to check on grandma and she says look and as I look I see a couple little scratches and then a cut about 3 1/2 inches long and really deep all laid open. I ask her what happened and she said she picked him up and you know cats he climbed right up her. I said he couldn't have cut you like that so we get her ready to go to ER and I go outside to investigate and realize when she bent down to get him off her head she hit the barbed wire fence and that is what sliced her. So a trip to the ER some nice Dr's, a tetanus shot, and 7 staples in her head and we were back home. Never did hurt much she said just started to itch as it healed. What a crazy weird thing to have happen. My kitty tried to apologize in kitty purrs and grandma forgave him but we know just to get the kennel if he is scared. Lessons you learn the hard way. I have known that with cats but no matter if he was scared he has never done that before so it better not happen again or he will be claw less!

3 comments:

  1. Good heavens! Lol, I'm glad it wasn't worse! What a crazy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you go clawless, talk to me. There are other alternatives like Soft Paws, which are covers that go over their claws. You can put them on or the vet can. It might be easier to have the vet do them the first couple times. But, de-clawing a cat has consequences, such as they're more likely to become biters. I'm around if you need me or want to talk about it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kitty. Must have been really scared...

    ReplyDelete