So I have been putting off posting about this but really I need to just vent and share. We are on the look again for a different job. I am sooooooo angry right now with how people can be. We are very upfront, open and honest people. We told them everything we wanted in the interview and they told us a bunch of BS! This place is terrible. They don't take proper care of the cattle which will make me hot! hot! hot! and they are lazy and irresponsible and then they get mad at Eric when he does there job(like pulling sick cattle he has already told them about and they didn't take care of) Eric has had one day of in 10 weeks and believe me he is not afraid of hard work and long hours but common you pull in the drive way and the next day without unpacking or anything you go to work and that is it for 10 weeks. Not to menchin that we have never had a paycheck come on time usually 3+ days late. I don't know about y'all but we live paycheck to paycheck and we barely make it to that next paycheck, and I could go on and on and on about not watering animals not feeding animals properly or not at all. I am just so angry right now.
So we need to find a new job and fast!!! We love the ranch life but talking with other ranch hands it really is hard to find that great job and when you do people hang onto them and I can see why. But it makes it hard when you live there and work there and when you are done with the job you have no where to live either. So we have thought about getting out of ranching also but we can't afford to. If we can find a rental they want first, last and deposits and we just don't have it:( So we really don't know what we will do. As of right now we need a job NOW! I am praying like crazy and hoping the LORD will show us how to make good, wise decisions. This is soooooo hard on us and yes some of it is our own fault I am sure but it doesn't make it any easier:( I am soooooo beyond stressed out and worried right now. SO PLEASE PRAYERS WOULD DEFINITELY MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!
Oh girl...I know you guys have been fighting this battle for quite some time now and I'm sorry that this one has turned out this awful! I will keep you guys in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteps~ Thank you so very much for the kind and uplifting words to left on my post. It has been such a struggle for me and your comment truly helped me to figure some things out about the differences between myself and others who don't hold themselves to a higher standard that I hold myself too.. So thanks again!
Hang on kiddo!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I haven't gotten back with you on that dinner invitation. Honey was out of town, my back was messed up and now Honey is out of town again (I know-excuses, excuses).
But, if this meeting goes as planned, there will be a new business starting up for Honey. If not, like I said, the oilfield is booming and CDL drivers are a hot ticket.
I'm sure we can work something out for a place for you guys to stay and you know that your horses are always welcome here! As a matter of fact, I have a friend who just called me wanting renting info. They live just up the road from us and have a horse-setup. She's a barrel racer. I'm pretty sure their place is nice. She just wants a bigger house. I'll give her a call tomorrow and see what her time frame looks like.
I'm thinking this is going to be a good year to get out of the ranch hand thing for a while. I have a bad feeling that a lot of ranchers are going to go under. Maybe we better get you guys into a position where you can make some good money and maybe when it's all said and done, you can just buy a ranch. ;-)
Thank y'all for the love and encouragement!!! It is a very tough time!!! Y'all make a big difference!!
ReplyDeleteEmail me.
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Stick with BECG. Good things seem to happen when she gets involved. And, I'll be keeping you and yours in my thoughts, hoping for the best possible outcome for all involved.
ReplyDelete