We had a 1/2 day off on Monday and so we drove to Hill city, SD and took the 1880 train from Hill city to keystone. It was so beautiful and romantic. It is about a 2 hour round trip and through some beautiful country. The old train was so neat. I love the sound of an old steam engine. very fun time. We also walked around town and had buffalo burgers for lunch. I love buffalo meat!! Below are a few pictures from our day:)
Waiting to get on the train!
Was such a beautiful train!
Eric looking at a really neat horse sculpture!!!
Pactola Reservoir on the way to Hill city








It looks like a really nice day and I am kind of fascinated by that horse sculpture too! I love that sort of thing! Pretty area and neat memories!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day!
ReplyDeletesounds like a great day!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that train ride beautiful?
ReplyDeleteI keep telling Meg, we will go on it now that she is old enough to remember...Hopefully this summer.
LOL-My niece is working on a dude string in Hill City this summer.
browneyed cowgirls- It is beautiful and it was a fun little trip. I want to do it again maybe in the fall when all the trees are changing color, that would be pretty. I am jealous of your niece, that would be a fun job for the summer. I did packstrings for a summer and loved it. Wish I could go back to that again:)
ReplyDelete