So as I am sure you have noticed I have fallen behind on my thankfuls. Life of course as usual has been nuts. There has been a lot of changes at work, struggling finances and a big shock came along two weeks ago. I haven't written cause I still really don't know how I feel about all of it. But I figured I better write something or y'all might think I finally gave up.
Work and personal life prity much still the same. Struggling to figure out where I belong in life and how to live with all my physical limitations. So for now that is all I will say about that.
The big surprise. Well my Biological dad contacted my aunt and grandma again for the first time in 20 years. We all thought he had probably died of an overdose or something. I know that sounds horrible but he is a severe manic depressive and loved his drugs when I was born. Since we hadn't heard anything in well over 20 years we figured he was gone. My aunt who was a private investigator was even unable to find him. So now here he is. He is living few hours south of me. He told them he didn't even want us to know since we already had a mom and dad. WOW I won't even go into how that felt. But then we found out I have a 1/2 sister. And she is only 9 years old. Yes he had gotten married again to a woman only 2 years older than me and had a girl. They are divorced and now it is an ugly custody battle. He has supposedly been clean past 20 years and has lived in midwest and drove truck. So ya wow!! It really has thrown me for a loop and I really don't know what to think. At first I was curious and now to be honest I am hurt and angry. And to top it off some of my aunt and grandparents stories aren't adding up on them not knowing anything about him for all those years. So trust is shaky at best:( So there is just a lot now. We found out because they added him on facebook. That is not a great way to find out. So now just one day at a time. I don't know what will happen. He does want to see us and talk to us now that we know about him but I really just don't know what will happen.
So well as you can see I have been very preoccupied. We shall see where this goes. I am just hoping it won't bring more pain, more sadness and more distrust. I am trying be open, forgiving and discerning.
No comments:
Post a Comment