So Eric decided to take me on a day trip and not tell me where till we got there. Since it was only for the day he decided to stay kind of close and enjoy the beauty we haven't seen around here. So we took I-70 up which is always pretty to hwy 24 got off there and headed towards
leadville and then up over Independence pass to aspen and then home. It was some of the most stunning views ever!!! I couldn't believe there was still that much more snow and they even had to clear a avalanche that had slid across the road since opening it a couple days ago. It was crazy!!! To stand at the top of Independence pass and see the Rockies from there was beyond amazing!!! It was just a nice day to get away and forget all the stress going on right now with my job. GOD is so awesome like that:) It was simple but
sooooooo nice!

Twin lakes off Hwy 24. SOOOOOOOOO beautiful and the lakes were so clean and clear!


Check out how High the snow still is (no one sneeze)and how
appropriately I am dressed for our outing! I didn't know what we were doing obviously!!

They were even clearing an avalanche that just happened. It was kind of scary with all the snow still up there!

walking out to view point at Independence pass I stepped in the wrong spot and yes I was stuck in there prity well.

AMAZING!!!!

Glad you had a good time! I used to just go take a drive on my (rare) day off in Alaska. It was a great way to de-stress, connect with nature and take in the awesome beauty around me. I always felt better after a drive, refreshed and ready to get back to work. I think that sometimes those moments of connection remind us of bigger, more important things and make our problems all seem small. It's good for the spirit!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful...but Brrrrrr! LOL
ReplyDeleteWell at least I know who to call if my family won't go with me to Mesa Verde this year. I really want to go see the Anasazi ruins down there and I can't seem to get anyone to go with me.
you know me BEC I am in!!! I love adventures and getting away anywhere!! Let me know when and where:)
ReplyDeleteI loved thinking about your bare feet in the photo of you stuck. Your toes had to be blue.
ReplyDeleteT&M I did dig my tennis shoes out before I walked out there but htey were still wet and cold:)
ReplyDeleteYou were dressed like a native Coloradoan - jeans and flip flops all the way! (sitting here typing in my flip flops)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time.
beautiful views and that has to be the biggest snow drift I've ever seen, or imagined!!! Wow! Glad you were able to get away for a day!
ReplyDelete