Wow has it been a crazy begging to this year. I have picked up more hours at work so I keep extra busy. Yes I said work. I have been working part time for a while at an Arabian farm. I worked there years ago for 4 years as barn manager. With my arms sooooo messed up I can't work in the barn now, but I am the office manager and then help when needed with the horses and such. Hoping maybe things will get better with my arms with time and allow me to work more directly with the horses. It has been 2 1/2 years though so I have to look at the possibility the issues in my arms will be permanent. I don't want to accept that and I work to try and make things better but I also can't fool myself with hardly any strength and horrible pain. Even working 3 days a week has been a HUGE challenge with pain and problems:( But I do enjoy being around the horses and feeling useful.
Eric is finally back home all the time now. We had made the decision to move north for his job but then his boss pulled some really crappy stuff and didn't pay him what he was told he would be paid so we decided to just stick around here for now. So it has been stressful and crazy. We are praying for guidance in where the LORD wants us next. We both feel like Oregon and busy places are not for us. Everywhere has its thing right, but I don't care for the hustle and bustle so much. There is a lot to that feeling but some of it I honestly just don't want to get into now:)
I guess I just want to feel like I belong and feel like I am home. As a christian I realize this is not "our home" and really we never "belong" but I do believe we are given peace and joy here to. I just feel as though I have not found that place yet. I think the closest for sure and where I am pulled to is South Dakota. We LOVED LOVED LOVED it there and if we could have found work there when things went south on the ranch we would have never left. I loved the pace, loved the weather, loved the people, it was just a great place and we have great friends( more like family) we left behind there. I don't regret any of the places we have been for sure. I wish things had gone differently sometimes but in the big picture we have seen and lived in some AMAZING places and for that I would not trade it. But it would be nice to have a place of our own. A place to not only call home but feel at home. A place I can paint and decorate and make my own:) I REALLY hope GOD has that in our future for us:) I don't know what the next year will bring but looking back on my life, I can say it always is full of surprises.
I need to get back into blogging and keep updating things but it has been crazy. I will try harder:) Hope everyone's 2014 has started out well. May it be a year of much growth and many blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment