backgrounds

Free background from

Saturday, June 25, 2011

crazy week with pets!!!

I wish I had pics and video for this post. Kohanna is doing much better. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. He is my baby and had me prity worried. He no longer has a fever and seems to slowly be getting back to himself. Giardia itself is not necessarily deadly but its effects can be. It can cause severe diarrhea which leads to dehydration and it also causes the small intestines to quit absorbing nutrition so it is prity nasty. We are just doing the best we can to get him better and hoping no one else comes up with it.
Well my other pet causing a ruckus is our cats this week. I went out to feed my horses at 5:20am and heard Tonka meowing, I was talking to him and realized it wasn't coming from his bedroom window, it was coming from a tree!!! YIKES!!! They are indoor kitties only and I look up and the screen is gone on the window. I look in and it is inside and no kitties. I start calling for target and nothing and now I gotta figure out how to get this other silly cat out of the tree. We have had it happen one other night where one of the local Farrel cats jumped through the window and started a ruckus and I had forgotten to close their window before bed so I think that is what happened again. Finally I find Target under the porch and now I got to get Tonka out of tree. I know everyone says just leave em they will come down, well yes they might but he is strictly indoors so he doesn't have a lot of strength in his claws and such since he isn't able to climb trees and such inside. So there is me at 5:30 in the morning climbing the tree and can't get close enough and the poor scared out of his whiskers cat won't come down the steep branch to me. I would have used a ladder but yes they are all still in storage in South Dakota. So me I start thinking and searching and I find a plastic crate and some rope so I tie it so it won't tip and after 3 throws get it up and over the branch he is on. It took about 3 minutes but the stinker actually crawled in the basket and let me lower him down to me. YES I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO needed a video camera at the time. I was almost late for work but at least I had my babies back safe.
So I hope that is all the excitement for a while with the pets. Never dull with all them that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment